Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Iron(y) Man

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been working on a new logo for one of our departments. It's mostly just for letterhead and business cards and crap, but they brought it to me a couple of Fridays ago because they didn't like the logo that the outside contractor did. The girl from across the street called me and said "I heard that you had a logo program and could change our current logo."

I replied "Yeah, it's kind of like that. It's called Photoshop. Did you need help with a graphic of some sort?"

She brought over the designs that the firm did and I lifted the fonts and prepared a mock up for her to manipulate and change that resembled the one that the firm did. Since then, we've been through ten to fifteen versions of the logo. Fonts and colors being changed a lot. I think I nailed it for them this morning, though.

The silly part about the whole thing beyond them taking it to the database guy is that it's the reorged eco department that needs the logo and I've developed a recycling-neutral lifestyle. The woman I'm doing the work for at this point, understands that, but we don't let it get in the way of the work on the logo.

I think I'm totally becoming agnostic towards recycling. I'm not down on it, but I'm not fist in the air about it. Like everything else, it is what it is. If you put a bin in front of me, I'll throw my recycling in there. I also recycle at home, however, get all weird about it and tell me to recycle a post-it and I'll want to kick you in the fuckin' teeth. Like your god, please keep your recycling and anti-smoking PSAs to your fuckin' self.

No comments: